Monday, October 15, 2012

On A Reading Roll!

I don't know if it's my innate ability to procrastinate, or if I'm really trying to avoid making the tough decisions for Book 2 of the Blood Chord Series, but I've read... no, devoured, a slew of books lately. So I thought I'd share what has been occupying my brain the last week or so.


Demon Hunter and Baby Demon Hunter and Baby by Anna Elliott

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Good, interesting paranormal premise and plot. Plenty of action and enough inner "Mom" turmoil to make me feel connected to the story and characters. Will read more from Elliot in the future :-)


*************


True of Blood (Witch Fairy #1)True of Blood by Bonnie Lamer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book! The magic and her "parental units" situation was unique and well done. There was enough romance to make it more compelling, but nothing I'd worry about my teen daughter reading. I particularly love the bits where the main character is try to learn how to control her magic. Part witchy-magic and part fairy-magic (there is a difference, it seems)this book would be a good choice for snuggling up with by the fire!

*************

Illicit Magic (Stella Mayweather #1)Illicit Magic by Camilla Chafer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book started off a little wobbly for me. It wasn't the pacing (because a lot happened in the beginning) so I'm thinking it was the amount of backstory woven into the start of the novel.

But after I pressed on, things certainly got more interesting and I'm glad I did read it to completion. The "magic" was neat, and I found the training parts interesting and nicely done. The romance factor during the second half of the book was very nicely done. There is a bit of a cliffhanger ending, but it's not so abrupt as to leave a sour taste in your mouth. Just makes you want to read the next one!

**************

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment